Easy install doesn't

Boost - Users mailing list
I downloaded the current version of boost from here: http://www.boost.org/users/download/ (the Unix tgz)

Then I religiously followed these instructions:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_61_0/more/getting_started/unix-variants.html#easy-build-and-install

It didn't install much of anything useful...just stuff in /usr/local/share/boost-build, apparently the build system. No headers were installed, no libs were built or installed...

I tried to install from debian packages and that failed miserably too but that's another story...

Help please?

Re: Easy install doesn't

Boost - Users mailing list

Re: Easy install doesn't

AMDG

On 12/07/2017 05:39 AM, Jean-Louis Leroy via Boost-users wrote:

> I downloaded the current version of boost from here:
> http://www.boost.org/users/download/ (the Unix tgz)
>
> Then I religiously followed these instructions:
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_61_0/more/getting_started/unix-variants.html#easy-build-and-install
>
> It didn't install much of anything useful...just stuff
> in /usr/local/share/boost-build, apparently the build system. No headers
> were installed, no libs were built or installed...

  That sounds like you ran it in tools/build (which
installs Boost.Build) instead of at the root (which
installs Boost).

> I tried to install from debian packages and that failed miserably too but
> that's another story...

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe