Doing 32-bit or 64-bit tests

Edward Diener-3
I notices that the '-m64' switch is being added to my regression tests,
meaning that 64-bit code is being generated for the compilers being used
for the toolsets I choose. Can this be controlled in any way ? For
mingw64-gcc there are separate toolsets for 32-bit and 64-bit versions
of the compiler. I don't know if the 32-bit version of mingw64-gcc can
produce 64-bit code or vice versa but I would like to match the
mingw64-gcc version with the appropriate code being produced.