Documented targets: minimal, full, extra

Documented targets: minimal, full, extra

Boost - Build mailing list
Hi,

In one occasion, Peter Dimov pointed out to me that
there are three documented targets with known names:
minimal, full, extra

1. Where can I find documentation of those?

The https://boostorg.github.io/build/ does not seem to mention.
I've failed to dig out anything via b2 --help

2. Are those available via Boost.Build or some Boost-specific configuration?

If the latter, shall I forward my questions to Boost ML?

3. What is recommended usage of those targets?

For example, I'm trying to improve/refine/clean-up GIL Jamfiles
and I don't know if the simple and full defined here
https://github.com/boostorg/gil/blob/develop/io/test/Jamfile
are considered local to GIL or global to Boost?
Is that libraries are supposed to define minimal set of tests
for simple target eg. to keep Boost CI-s more responsive?

What shall I read to get those question answered?

Re: Documented targets: minimal, full, extra

Boost - Build mailing list
(sorry, fingers faster than brain at the morning)

On Wed, 26 Sep 2018 at 10:46, Mateusz Loskot <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 3. What is recommended usage of those targets?
>
> For example, I'm trying to improve/refine/clean-up GIL Jamfiles
> and I don't know if the simple and full defined here
> https://github.com/boostorg/gil/blob/develop/io/test/Jamfile
> are considered local to GIL or global to Boost?
> Is that libraries are supposed to define minimal set of tests
> for simple target eg. to keep Boost CI-s more responsive?

I forgot to ask if, the global target and the CI is actually the case,
should the `simple` target be renamed to `minimal`
to hook it up for global builds?