Documentation confusion

Boost - Build mailing list
In the Boost Build documentation, in the 3.1 Concepts section, I see
this line:

"In order to support true multi-variant builds, Boost.Build introduces
the concept of a metatarget definition main target metatarget metatarget"

with the last word in italics. The last six words do not compute to
English for me. I have no idea what a "metatarget definition main target
metatarget metatarget" might be. A rarely found species of some
biological creature ? Might this not be changed to something more
meaningful in the English language ?