Deprecation of detail endian macros.

Boost - Dev mailing list
This is a general announcement that I'm deprecating the following that is
part of Predef:

Header: boost/detail/endian.hpp
Macros: BOOST_BIG_ENDIAN, BOOST_LITTLE_ENDIAN, BOOST_PDP_ENDIAN,
and BOOST_BYTE_ORDER

You can use the equivalents from Predef <
https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_68_0/doc/html/predef/reference.html#predef.reference.other_macros.boost_endian>
as follow:

BOOST_BIG_ENDIAN == BOOST_ENDIAN_BIG_BYTE
BOOST_LITTLE_ENDIAN == BOOST_ENDIAN_LITTLE_BYTE
BOOST_PDP_ENDIAN == BOOST_ENDIAN_LITTLE_WORD

There is no equivalent for BOOST_BYTE_ORDER. But there are no uses in Boost
as far as I could tell.

In the develop branch of Predef I've added a deprecation message indicating
as such.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Re: Deprecation of detail endian macros.

Boost - Dev mailing list
Rene Rivera wrote:

> This is a general announcement that I'm deprecating the following that is
> part of Predef:
>
> Header: boost/detail/endian.hpp
> Macros: BOOST_BIG_ENDIAN, BOOST_LITTLE_ENDIAN, BOOST_PDP_ENDIAN, and
> BOOST_BYTE_ORDER

Inclusion report for <boost/detail/endian.hpp> (in module predef):

    from geometry:
        <boost/geometry/extensions/gis/io/wkb/detail/endian.hpp>

    from math:
        <boost/math/special_functions/detail/fp_traits.hpp>

    from multiprecision:
        <boost/multiprecision/cpp_int.hpp>
        <boost/multiprecision/detail/bitscan.hpp>

    from serialization:
        <boost/archive/impl/basic_binary_iarchive.ipp>

    from spirit:
        <boost/spirit/home/support/detail/endian/endian.hpp>