Default toolset in user-config.jam

Mateusz Loskot
Hi,

On Linux, I have both GCC and clang installed.
How can I specify in user-config.jam that I wish
clang to be used as the default toolset?

It is, I'd like the sole b2 command to pick clang, without
the full command b2 toolset=clang required.

Best regards
--
Mateusz  Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net

Re: Default toolset in user-config.jam

Steven Watanabe-4
AMDG

On 10/23/2013 05:47 PM, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> On Linux, I have both GCC and clang installed.
> How can I specify in user-config.jam that I wish
> clang to be used as the default toolset?
>
> It is, I'd like the sole b2 command to pick clang, without
> the full command b2 toolset=clang required.

Declare clang before gcc.  The first
toolset declared is the default.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe

On 24 October 2013 01:58, Steven Watanabe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 10/23/2013 05:47 PM, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>> On Linux, I have both GCC and clang installed.
>> How can I specify in user-config.jam that I wish
>> clang to be used as the default toolset?
>>
>> It is, I'd like the sole b2 command to pick clang, without
>> the full command b2 toolset=clang required.
>

> Declare clang before gcc.  The first
> toolset declared is the default.

Yes, I'd tried that and it didn't work.

I found "using gcc;" in /etc/site-config.jam
that was overriding my user-config,.jam settings.

Mateusz  Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net

Re: Default toolset in user-config.jam

Mauricio Carneiro
Steven,

do you know how to make the Jamroot decide which toolset to use in case none is specified based on the operating system?

On 11/03/2013 08:19 AM, Mauricio Carneiro wrote:
> Steven,
>
> do you know how to make the Jamroot decide which toolset to use in case
> none is specified based on the operating system?

b2 toolset=msvc

There's a list of toolsets here:
http://www.boost.org/boost-build2/doc/html/bbv2/reference/tools.html

In Christ,