Debugger incoming

Boost - Build mailing list
AMDG

  I believe that the Jam debugger (currently in the debug
branch) is now sufficiently stable for inclusion in develop.
- The main implementation is in src/engine/debugger.c
- Documentation is built from doc/src/debug.xml
- Tests are in test/debugger.py

The debugger can be launched by running `b2 -dconsole`.
The functionality provided is a basic subset of
gdb commands:
run, continue, step, next, finish, break, disable,
enable, delete, clear, print, backtrace, kill, quit, help.

Any questions, comments, and criticism are greatly appreciated.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe

Re: Debugger incoming

Boost - Build mailing list
On 4/26/2017 5:16 PM, Steven Watanabe via Boost-build wrote:

> AMDG
>
>    I believe that the Jam debugger (currently in the debug
> branch) is now sufficiently stable for inclusion in develop.
> - The main implementation is in src/engine/debugger.c
> - Documentation is built from doc/src/debug.xml
> - Tests are in test/debugger.py
>
> The debugger can be launched by running `b2 -dconsole`.
> The functionality provided is a basic subset of
> gdb commands:
> run, continue, step, next, finish, break, disable,
> enable, delete, clear, print, backtrace, kill, quit, help.
>
> Any questions, comments, and criticism are greatly appreciated.

Many, many thanks !

> In Christ,
> Steven Watanabe

Re: Debugger incoming

Boost - Build mailing list
On 04/26/2017 05:16 PM, Steven Watanabe via Boost-build wrote:

> AMDG
>
>    I believe that the Jam debugger (currently in the debug
> branch) is now sufficiently stable for inclusion in develop.
> - The main implementation is in src/engine/debugger.c
> - Documentation is built from doc/src/debug.xml
> - Tests are in test/debugger.py
>
> The debugger can be launched by running `b2 -dconsole`.
> The functionality provided is a basic subset of
> gdb commands:
> run, continue, step, next, finish, break, disable,
> enable, delete, clear, print, backtrace, kill, quit, help.
>
> Any questions, comments, and criticism are greatly appreciated.

Your work to bring this to the 'develop' branch is much appreciated.

> In Christ,
> Steven Watanabe

Re: Debugger incoming

Boost - Build mailing list
On 04/26/2017 05:16 PM, Steven Watanabe via Boost-build wrote:

> AMDG
>
>    I believe that the Jam debugger (currently in the debug
> branch) is now sufficiently stable for inclusion in develop.
> - The main implementation is in src/engine/debugger.c
> - Documentation is built from doc/src/debug.xml
> - Tests are in test/debugger.py
>
> The debugger can be launched by running `b2 -dconsole`.
> The functionality provided is a basic subset of
> gdb commands:
> run, continue, step, next, finish, break, disable,
> enable, delete, clear, print, backtrace, kill, quit, help.
>
> Any questions, comments, and criticism are greatly appreciated.

When running the tests for Boost Build the debugger and debugger-mi
tests are failing. I have not yet tried the debugger functionality but I
noticed the failures when running the Boost Build tests because of a PR
I am still reviewing.

> In Christ,
> Steven Watanabe

Re: Debugger incoming

Boost - Build mailing list
On 05/08/2017 05:11 PM, Edward Diener via Boost-build wrote:

> On 04/26/2017 05:16 PM, Steven Watanabe via Boost-build wrote:
>> AMDG
>>
>>    I believe that the Jam debugger (currently in the debug
>> branch) is now sufficiently stable for inclusion in develop.
>> - The main implementation is in src/engine/debugger.c
>> - Documentation is built from doc/src/debug.xml
>> - Tests are in test/debugger.py
>>
>> The debugger can be launched by running `b2 -dconsole`.
>> The functionality provided is a basic subset of
>> gdb commands:
>> run, continue, step, next, finish, break, disable,
>> enable, delete, clear, print, backtrace, kill, quit, help.
>>
>> Any questions, comments, and criticism are greatly appreciated.
>
> When running the tests for Boost Build the debugger and debugger-mi
> tests are failing. I have not yet tried the debugger functionality but I
> noticed the failures when running the Boost Build tests because of a PR
> I am still reviewing.

Please ignore this post. It was a user error on my part.

>> In Christ,
>> Steven Watanabe

Re: Debugger incoming

Boost - Build mailing list
AMDG

On 05/08/2017 03:11 PM, Edward Diener via Boost-build wrote:

> When running the tests for Boost Build the debugger and debugger-mi
> tests are failing.

Did you rebuild b2?  What compiler/platform are
you using?

> I have not yet tried the debugger functionality but I
> noticed the failures when running the Boost Build tests because of a PR
> I am still reviewing.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe

Re: Debugger incoming

Boost - Build mailing list
On 5/8/2017 5:27 PM, Steven Watanabe via Boost-build wrote:
> AMDG
>
> On 05/08/2017 03:11 PM, Edward Diener via Boost-build wrote:
>>
>> When running the tests for Boost Build the debugger and debugger-mi
>> tests are failing.
>
> Did you rebuild b2?

That was my user error. I forgot to rebuild.

>  What compiler/platform are
> you using?

The tests are working fine. Ignore my post.