Current status

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Current status

Vladimir Prus

Hi everyone!

I think it's time to have a new release, it's long overdue.

Does anybody know any serious issues with the current codebase? Any bugs that
were reported and not acted upon? If somebody has sent an email related to V2
that's was not answered, please let me know as well.

- Volodya
_______________________________________________
Boost-build mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-build
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Current status

Reece Dunn
Vladimir Prus wrote:

>
>
>Hi everyone!
>
>I think it's time to have a new release, it's long overdue.
>
>Does anybody know any serious issues with the current codebase? Any bugs
>that
>were reported and not acted upon? If somebody has sent an email related to
>V2
>that's was not answered, please let me know as well.

The response file logic doesn't support outputting the response files to the
console, so you can just have one batch or script file to run. This is on my
list of things to look into. This is a regression in behaviour from the
previous version.

The pre-compiled header support is not 100% there yet, there are some
behavioural issues that need looking into. I will investigate these when I
have the time.

- Reece


_______________________________________________
Boost-build mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-build
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Current status

Vladimir Prus
Reece Dunn wrote:

> Vladimir Prus wrote:
>>
>>
>>Hi everyone!
>>
>>I think it's time to have a new release, it's long overdue.
>>
>>Does anybody know any serious issues with the current codebase? Any bugs
>>that
>>were reported and not acted upon? If somebody has sent an email related to
>>V2
>>that's was not answered, please let me know as well.
>
> The response file logic doesn't support outputting the response files to
> the console, so you can just have one batch or script file to run. This is
> on my list of things to look into. This is a regression in behaviour from
> the previous version.

Ok, noted:
   https://zigzag.cs.msu.su:7813/boost.build/ticket/22

however, I think it's a minor annoyance, and can be fixed after milestone
release.

> The pre-compiled header support is not 100% there yet, there are some
> behavioural issues that need looking into. I will investigate these when I
> have the time.

Ok, that's:
  https://zigzag.cs.msu.su:7813/boost.build/ticket/22

Again, we probably can ship anyway if we don't add precompiled headers to
release notes. If there's anything I can do to help with it, let me know.

Thanks,
Volodya

_______________________________________________
Boost-build mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-build
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Current status

David Abrahams
In reply to this post by Vladimir Prus
Vladimir Prus <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi everyone!
>
> I think it's time to have a new release, it's long overdue.
>
> Does anybody know any serious issues with the current codebase?

Here's what I have:

  Too many warnings by default and warnings=off is not propagated.

  IIRC, I can't do Cygwin python tests from a win32 bjam like I could
  with v1.


--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting
www.boost-consulting.com

_______________________________________________
Boost-build mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-build