[CppCMS] What can be contributed to Boost?

[CppCMS] What can be contributed to Boost?

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hello Dear Boost Developers,

Recently

I had released CppCMS - C++ Web Framework 1.2 under MIT license
instead of LGPLv3
See: http://cppcms.com

Since CppCMS project had already contributed some of its parts for Boost:

Boost.Locale - in Boost for long time
Boost.Nowide (passed review still need some my time to integrate to release)

I wanted to renew the discussions of what parts may interest the
community Boost outside CppCMS.

Some samples I thought of:
Once I can think of is cppcms::json

http://cppcms.com/wikipp/en/page/cppcms_1x_json
http://cppcms.com/cppcms_ref/latest/classcppcms_1_1json_1_1value.html

Also it should be updated to C++11 and probably do some small features
updates. it is one of the fastest JSON parsers around (and yes it is
way faster and convenient than one in property tree)

What do you think?
--------------------------------------
Another one that was already discussed once is CppDB:
http://cppcms.com/sql/cppdb/
It also needs C++11 updates in general and is already under dual
Boost/MIT License. It was discussed before but nothing moved further.

----------------------------------
Some smart pointers I find very useful especially for Pimpl implementation:

hold_ptr -> similar to scope ptr  but object constness is same as the pointer
copy_ptr-> copies underlying object upon copy (very useful for pimpl)
clone_ptr->clones objects.

Regards,
  Artyom Beilis

Re: [CppCMS] What can be contributed to Boost?

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 10:30 AM, Artyom Beilis via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Once I can think of is cppcms::json

I'm sure Boost.Beast users would be thrilled to see an implementation
of the Body concept which uses JSON as the container. Even better if
it supports incremental reading and writing. See:

<http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_66_0/libs/beast/doc/html/beast/concepts/Body.html>

The Body customization can be more easily understood by watching this video:

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsUnnYEKPnI>

Thanks!

On 02/02/18 19:30, Artyom Beilis via Boost wrote:

> Once I can think of is cppcms::json
>
> http://cppcms.com/wikipp/en/page/cppcms_1x_json
> http://cppcms.com/cppcms_ref/latest/classcppcms_1_1json_1_1value.html
>
> Also it should be updated to C++11 and probably do some small features
> updates. it is one of the fastest JSON parsers around (and yes it is
> way faster and convenient than one in property tree)
>
> What do you think?

If the Boost community wants a JSON library, then I would like to
suggest another, more versatile ibrary:

   https://github.com/breese/trial.protocol

Documentation can be found here:

   http://breese.github.io/trial/protocol/

This library consists of two (well, three) parts:

   1. A dynamic variable which is a variant type that can contain
      fundamental types, arrays, and associative arrays. This can be
      used as a parse tree for JSON and similar binary formats like
      MsgPack, UBJSON, BinToken, and CBOR. But it can also be used
      as a data container for, say, configuration data. The dynamic
      variable has iterators so it works with std algorithms. It also
      comes with a visitor.

   2. A JSON parser/generator framework. This contains an incremental
      pull parser (json::reader) as the basic building-block. The
      incremental parser is used by a Boost.Serialization archive to
      enable serialization directly between JSON and C++ data structures.
      The incremental parser is also used by a tree parser that converts
      JSON into the before-mentioned dynamic variable.

   3. A BinToken parser/generator framework. Like the JSON framework, but
      for the binary BinToken format. Currently undocumented.