Contribution to core library

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hello mentors,

I would like to contribute to the core library of BOOST. I am working on
windows. I cloned boostorg/core library. After cloning I found that there
are many folders.

Could you please tell which folder should I look up?

Thank you
Anshu Khare

Re: Contribution to core library

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Fri, 10 Jan 2020 at 18:15, anshu khare via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello mentors,
>
> I would like to contribute to the core library of BOOST. I am working on
> windows. I cloned boostorg/core library. After cloning I found that there
> are many folders.
>
> Could you please tell which folder should I look up?

https://github.com/boostorg/core

Re: Contribution to core library

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 9:15 AM anshu khare via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Could you please tell which folder should I look up?

Yes, start here:

<file:///C:/Users/vinnie/src/boost/libs/core/>

Thanks

On 2020-01-10 17:02, anshu khare via Boost wrote:
> Hello mentors,
>
> I would like to contribute to the core library of BOOST. I am working on
> windows. I cloned boostorg/core library. After cloning I found that there
> are many folders.

Using Boost.Core alone is not possible. You have to at least also clone
the dependencies. More realistically, you should clone Boost
superproject[1] and all its submodules, which will include Boost.Core
and its dependencies.

   git clone https://github.com/boostorg/boost.git boost
   cd boost
   git submodule update --init --recursive

After that you need to bootstrap Boost.Build as described in the Getting
Started page[2] and create links to library headers by invoking `b2
headers` in your Boost root directory. After that you will be able to
build Boost libraries and run tests. Building libraries is described in
Getting Started, to run tests you can just invoke `b2` (possibly with
arguments) in the libs/<library>/test directory.

> Could you please tell which folder should I look up?

In the Boost tree, you'll be working in libs/<library> folder. Each
library has a set of common subfolders, such as:

   meta - library description
   include/boost - public headers
   src - buildable sources and private headers
   build - Boost.Build scripts for building the library, if there are
buildable sources
   example - library usage examples
   doc - library documentation
   test - library tests, including Boost.Build script for testing

So, for Boost.Core you'd be writing headers in
libs/core/include/boost/core, writing and running tests in
libs/core/test, etc. When you create new headers you'll have to invoke
`b2 headers` in the Boost root again to create links to the new headers.

[1]: https://github.com/boostorg/boost/
[2]: https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/more/getting_started/windows.html

Re: Contribution to core library

Boost - Dev mailing list
Respected sir,
I am able to build boost libraries in Visual Studio 17.
Could you please link me some fixes in the library?
Thank you
Regards
Anshu Khare

On 2020-01-12 16:37, anshu khare wrote:
> Respected sir,
> I am able to build boost libraries in Visual Studio 17.
> Could you please link me some fixes in the library?

What fixes?

Also, don't top-post.

https://www.boost.org/community/policy.html#quoting