[Config] Swappable/Movable std::streambuf requirement

[Config] Swappable/Movable std::streambuf requirement

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hello,

C++11 has  `std::basic_streambuf<char>::swap` and move operators for that defined.

However there are stdlibs which don't support that. clang 5.0 on travis e.g. fails due to that.

Is there already something in Boost.Config dealing with that case which I can `requires` on to skip the build for that case?
Most of the checks I've seen in Boost.Config are using the C++ feature test macros but for this there is none.

If it doesn't exist: Would this be something to be added to Boost.Config? Or my local build files?
How would such a test work? Can anyone point me to a similar example? I'm having trouble navigating over the many partially auto-generated files in Boost.Config.

Thanks,
Alex

Re: [Config] Swappable/Movable std::streambuf requirement

Boost - Dev mailing list
Em 16 de mai de 2020, à(s) 16:44, Alexander Grund via Boost <[hidden email]> escreveu:

> Hello,
>

> C++11 has  `std::basic_streambuf<char>::swap` and move operators for that defined.
>
> However there are stdlibs which don't support that. clang 5.0 on travis e.g. fails due to that.
>

> Is there already something in Boost.Config dealing with that case which I can `requires` on to skip the build for that case?
> Most of the checks I've seen in Boost.Config are using the C++ feature test macros but for this there is none.
>

> If it doesn't exist: Would this be something to be added to Boost.Config? Or my local build files?

You can write a snippet that compiles or breaks and make your test conditional on this. Look for “boost_multi_index_key_supported” in

https://github.com/boostorg/multi_index/blob/develop/test/Jamfile.v2

Joaquín M López Muñoz

Re: [Config] Swappable/Movable std::streambuf requirement

Boost - Dev mailing list

>> C++11 has  `std::basic_streambuf<char>::swap` and move operators for that defined.
>>
>> However there are stdlibs which don't support that. clang 5.0 on travis e.g. fails due to that.
>>

>> Is there already something in Boost.Config dealing with that case which I can `requires` on to skip the build for that case?
>> Most of the checks I've seen in Boost.Config are using the C++ feature test macros but for this there is none.
>>

>> If it doesn't exist: Would this be something to be added to Boost.Config? Or my local build files?
> You can write a snippet that compiles or breaks and make your test conditional on this. Look for “boost_multi_index_key_supported” in
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/multi_index/blob/develop/test/Jamfile.v2
Done:
https://github.com/boostorg/nowide/pull/97/files?file-filters%5B%5D=.v2#diff-f7ff2f2ced58a7096ff8d20a8b12938bR17-R18
and
https://github.com/boostorg/nowide/pull/97/files?file-filters%5B%5D=.v2#diff-e97299ad55a4013dc19889043aa464a5R14-R15

Are there any requirements on the name? I used `cxx11_moveable_fstreams`
to by in line with the BoostConfig checks as this is very similar.

Alex

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment