Complete confustion about using Boost.Python

Complete confustion about using Boost.Python

Noah Schwartz-2
Hi,

        I've recently built Boost based on the instructions at
http://boost.org/more/getting_started.html. It found my python installation
OK and so as far as I know that means Boost.Python has been installed on my
system.

        The issue I am having is that I can't seem to figure out how to build any
modules that are not within the directory tree of the source I extracted from
sourceforge. If I copy the exact tutorial out of libs/python/example/tutorial
and try to build it elsewhere, it complains about not being able to find a
project-root.jam file. Also, I have noticed that if I set the BOOST_ROOT path
in say, for example, the Jamrules file in the that tutorial directory to
where boost is now actually installed (/usr/local/include/boost-1_33_1), I
can no longer build. What am I missing here? Right now it seems like I can
only build projects in the directory tree of the source I extracted from the
website.

Thanks,
Noah

Re: Complete confustion about using Boost.Python

Roman Yakovenko
On 9/14/06, Noah Schwartz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,

Good morning.
You are asking for help on wrong list.

--