Compiling boost with vacpp 8.0 as 64bit on AIX5.3ml3 of power5

Compiling boost with vacpp 8.0 as 64bit on AIX5.3ml3 of power5

Kamil Marcinkowski
Hello,

I need to compile boost as a 64 bit program using vacpp 8.0 compiler,
on AIX 5.3ml3, power5, p5-550 and p5-595.

I can compile boost with vacpp in 32bit mode fine, but all my
attempts at compiling it 64 bit have not resulted
with any success so far.

The vacpp toolset does not offer any options and does not allow for
any options or
configuration variables.

I do not understand the syntax of the vacpp-tools.jam file or (bjam
in general)
and cannot edit the file with any success.

I just need the following flags passed to the compiler:
<cxxflags>  -q64
<linkflags>  -q64
<arflags>    -q64

Thanks,

Kamil

Kamil Marcinkowski                   Westgrid System Administrator
[hidden email]                     University of Alberta site
  Tel.780 492-0354                     Research Computing Support
Fax.780 492-1729                     Academic ICT (formerly CNS)
Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA    University of Alberta

"This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which
it is
addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and/or privileged
information.  Please contact us immediately if you are not the intended
recipient of this communication.  If you are not the intended
recipient of
this communication, do not copy, distribute, or take action on it. Any
communication received in error, or subsequent reply, should be
deleted or
destroyed."

Re: Compiling boost with vacpp 8.0 as 64bit on AIX5.3ml3 of power5

Bugzilla from markus.schoepflin@comsoft.de
Kamil Marcinkowski wrote:

> I just need the following flags passed to the compiler:
> <cxxflags>  -q64
> <linkflags>  -q64
> <arflags>    -q64

should do the trick.

HTH, Markus

Re: Compiling boost with vacpp 8.0 as 64bit on AIX5.3ml3 of power5

Toon Knapen
Kamil Marcinkowski wrote:

> I just need the following flags passed to the compiler:
> <cxxflags>  -q64
> <linkflags>  -q64
> <arflags>    -q64

or you can define the env.var. OBJECTMODE to be equal to 64: e.g. export
OBJECTMODE=64