Compiling boost with optional _GLIBCXX_DEBUG support

Compiling boost with optional _GLIBCXX_DEBUG support

How to compile boost so that compilation of user programs both with
_GLIBCXX_DEBUG and without _GLIBCXX_DEBUG is supported?

Currently, if I compile boost with _GLIBCXX_DEBUG then I cannot compile
my programs without this flag, and vice versa. The actual error comes
from program_options  attached in a file.

I gather from the interweb that the error is well known, however,  I
could not find instructions to compile boost such that both options are
supported.

--
Cheers
Jayesh Badwaik

bug (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Compiling boost with optional _GLIBCXX_DEBUG support

Boost - Users mailing list

On 06/10/2017 14:48, Jayesh Badwaik via Boost-users wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How to compile boost so that compilation of user programs both with
> _GLIBCXX_DEBUG and without _GLIBCXX_DEBUG is supported?
>
> Currently, if I compile boost with _GLIBCXX_DEBUG then I cannot compile
> my programs without this flag, and vice versa. The actual error comes
> from program_options  attached in a file.
>
> I gather from the interweb that the error is well known, however,  I
> could not find instructions to compile boost such that both options are
> supported.

I don't believe it's actually possible to support both options - as I
understand it, whether the option is set or not changes the std lib ABI,
so it's a whole program thing - everything with _GLIBCXX_DEBUG or
everything without it.

John.

---
http://www.avg.com

Re: Compiling boost with optional _GLIBCXX_DEBUG support

Boost - Users mailing list
On Friday, 6 October 2017 19:06:17 CEST John Maddock via Boost-users
wrote:
> I don't believe it's actually possible to support both options - as I
> understand it, whether the option is set or not changes the std lib
> ABI, so it's a whole program thing - everything with _GLIBCXX_DEBUG
> or everything without it.

Thank you. I was curious as to how libstdc++ did this without having to
recompile it, but then I realized it has different ABI for different
options.

--
Cheers
Jayesh Badwaik