[Circular Buffer] Why doesn't have “emplace” interface?

[Circular Buffer] Why doesn't have “emplace” interface?

Boost - Users mailing list

Hi!

Circular buffer doesn’t have “emplace_back/_front” interfaces. Why?

Maybe I don’t understand the idea of replacement objects in filled buffer by assignment.

Could someone explain the lack of the interface?

Best regards, Marsel Galimullin.

Re: [Circular Buffer] Why doesn't have “emplace” interface?

Boost - Users mailing list
On 15.10.20 12:14, Марсель Галимуллин via Boost-users wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Circularbuffer doesn’t have “emplace_back/_front” interfaces. Why?

Probably because it predates C++11.  Circular buffer was first
introduced in Boost 1.35, which was released on March 29th, 2008.

--
Rainer Deyke ([hidden email])

Re: [Circular Buffer] Why doesn't have “emplace” interface?

Boost - Users mailing list
Thank you, Rainer!

> Probably because it predates C++11. Circular buffer was first
> introduced in Boost 1.35, which was released on March 29th, 2008.

I see that the library was updated in Boost 1.55 (“Rvalue references emulation added by Antony Polukhin using Boost.Move.”). Maybe is it good idea to add emplace interface if compiler support c++11? Should I ask about this on “Boost developers mailing list”? Or should I make a patch first and start code review somewhere?

--
Marsel Galimullin ([hidden email])