Cannot have more than one minor compiler version?

Cannot have more than one minor compiler version?

Boost - Build mailing list
I've been trying to build libraries using two different versions of GCC 9

error: Name clash for '<pI:\boost\lib>libboost_atomic-mgw9-mt-d-x64-1_73.a'
error:
error: Tried to build the target twice, with property sets having
error: these incompatible properties:
error:
error:     -  <toolset-gcc:version>9.2.0
error:     -  <toolset-gcc:version>9.3.1
error:
error: Please make sure to have consistent requirements for these
error: properties everywhere in your project, especially for install
error: targets.

So one can't have two 9. versions?

I've looked at

--layout=<layout>

And considered using

-- versioned

But that appears to be about Boost versions not compiler versions.

I can manage without this, but would it be better to use the three digits (or
four now that Clang and GCC are on version >=10) ?

For example:

\boost\lib>libboost_atomic-mgw920-mt-d-x64-1_73.a'
\boost\lib>libboost_atomic-mgw921-mt-d-x64-1_73.a'

If there is a need to change the naming for some other reason too?

Or perhaps from another <layout> option? --fully-versioned?

Or is there some other workaround?

Paul

Re: Cannot have more than one minor compiler version?

Boost - Build mailing list
AMDG

On 4/28/20 4:44 AM, Paul A Bristow via Boost-build wrote:

> I've been trying to build libraries using two different versions of GCC 9
> >
> error: Name clash for '<pI:\boost\lib>libboost_atomic-mgw9-mt-d-x64-1_73.a'
> error:
> error: Tried to build the target twice, with property sets having
> error: these incompatible properties:
> error:
> error:     -  <toolset-gcc:version>9.2.0
> error:     -  <toolset-gcc:version>9.3.1
> error:
> <snip>
>
> So one can't have two 9. versions?

GCC's versioning scheme changed at version 5.
If you really need multuple gcc 9's, you
can distinguish them with --tag.

> <snip>

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe

On 4/29/20 3:33 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

>> <snip>
>> GCC's versioning scheme changed at version 5.
>> If you really need multuple gcc 9's, you can distinguish them with --tag.
>
> Do you mean
>    --layout=tagged

No, I meant --buildid=someuniquestring

> That looks feasible but not quite what I really wanted - Boost version number is just changing too...

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe