CSS font size

Cédric Venet
Please don't use fixed font size for the CSS (like this is actually the
case). Use em or percentage. Or provide a mean (button+js) to change the
size. The small print are killing my eyes.

(the isn't much fixed font size but unfortunately the p font size is set to
10px so nearly all the text (but not the heading) has a fixed size.

Cédric Venet

Re: CSS font size

Matias Capeletto
On 7/14/07, Cédric Venet <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Please don't use fixed font size for the CSS (like this is actually the
> case). Use em or percentage. Or provide a mean (button+js) to change the
> size. The small print are killing my eyes.
>
> (the isn't much fixed font size but unfortunately the p font size is set to
> 10px so nearly all the text (but not the heading) has a fixed size.

Hi Cédric,

You are right about this. I have not used fixed size with a rationale.
It is historic, I have not touched for the new style.

Do you feel comfortable with CSS programming?

If you want you can tackle it yourself. The new style is in the
boost_docs repository.
If not, it will surely stay that way for a few weeks, but it will be
changed someday. Promised.

Best regards
Matias

Re: CSS font size

Cédric Venet
> Do you feel comfortable with CSS programming?

Not really, but I can do some basic things.

> If you want you can tackle it yourself. The new style is in the
> boost_docs repository.

Here is a quick patch (apply to boost_docs/trunk) which delete the fixed
font width in all the css, except for the header. In IE7, it works great but
in firefox 2, the header (link and search box) don't keep their fixed size.
I don't understand why. I tried a few things without success.

Also, the default font size is bigger (at least on my configuration), it can
be adjusted, but I prefer it like this myself.

It would be great to include buttons to do the sizing up and down (using a
css switcher similar to the IDE selector). I will try to do it when I have
the time.

Cédric Venet

fixed_font_size.patch (5K) Download Attachment

Re: CSS font size

Matias Capeletto
On 7/15/07, Cédric Venet <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Do you feel comfortable with CSS programming?
>
> Not really, but I can do some basic things.

Ok... that is the first step that leads to feel comfortable with it :)

> > If you want you can tackle it yourself. The new style is in the
> > boost_docs repository.
>
> Here is a quick patch (apply to boost_docs/trunk) which delete the fixed
> font width in all the css, except for the header. In IE7, it works great but
> in firefox 2, the header (link and search box) don't keep their fixed size.
> I don't understand why. I tried a few things without success.
>
> Also, the default font size is bigger (at least on my configuration), it can
> be adjusted, but I prefer it like this myself.

Wow! You are quick :)
Lets do this... once you feel it is OK in most of the browsers (At
least in firefox) commit it to the boost_docs repository. It is your
work, commit it yourself so you appear in our statistics.

> It would be great to include buttons to do the sizing up and down (using a
> css switcher similar to the IDE selector). I will try to do it when I have
> the time.

Yes, this is something I like to see in the docs. I am working in a
general config mechanism. The idea of eastern eggs appearing in blocks
borders is very fun, but not useful for users. I let you know when
there is some progress in this front.

Best regards
Matias