[C++-sig] Problems when Building Boost.python with Borland compiler

[C++-sig] Problems when Building Boost.python with Borland compiler

Pedro Crespo Valero
Hello everybody,

I am a new user of boost.python. I followed the documentation but I can
not manage to get the  boost.python library built .
Any help is greatly appreciated. Here below I show what I did:

- Windows 2000
- Compiler: Borland  Bcc55 from  Free C++BUILDER command line tools  (
D:\PrgFiles\Borland\BCC55 )
- Boost version: boost_1_33_1  (D:\PrgFiles\boost_1_33_1)
-Evironment variables were set as:
 PYTHON_ROOT=D:\PrgFiles\python24
 PYTHON_VERSION=2.4

-Command line:
D:\PrgFiles\boost_1_33_1\libs\python\build>bjam "-sTOOLS=borland"
"-sBCCROOT=D:\PrgFiles\Borland\BCC55"

and the result is

**** skipping build of <@boost!libs!python!build>boost_python.dll;
toolset= borland variant= debug ****
**** skipping build of <@boost!libs!python!build>libboost_python.lib;
toolset= borland variant= release ****
**** skipping build of <@boost!libs!python!build>libboost_python.lib;
toolset= borland variant= debug ****
**** skipping build of <@boost!libs!python!build>libboost_python.lib;
toolset= borland variant= release ****
...found 8 targets...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR ATTENTION!!!

Re: [C++-sig] Problems when Building Boost.python with Borland compiler

David Abrahams
Pedro Crespo Valero <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I am a new user of boost.python. I followed the documentation but I can
> not manage to get the  boost.python library built .
> Any help is greatly appreciated. Here below I show what I did:
>
> - Windows 2000
> - Compiler: Borland  Bcc55 from  Free C++BUILDER command line tools  (
> D:\PrgFiles\Borland\BCC55 )

Boost.Python has never supported Borland.  Borland is just too badly
broken.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting

David Abrahams a écrit :

> Pedro Crespo Valero <[hidden email]> writes:
>

>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I am a new user of boost.python. I followed the documentation but I can
>> not manage to get the  boost.python library built .
>> Any help is greatly appreciated. Here below I show what I did:
>>
>> - Windows 2000
>> - Compiler: Borland  Bcc55 from  Free C++BUILDER command line tools  (
>> D:\PrgFiles\Borland\BCC55 )
>>

> Boost.Python has never supported Borland.  Borland is just too badly
> broken.

Thanks I really appreciate your help.
I will install then MinGW and try using gcc.

Kind regards,
Pedro.

Re: [C++-sig] Problems when Building Boost.python with Borland compiler

Jason Kankiewicz
Microsoft offers a free version of their Visual C++ compiler that comes
with Visual Studio .NET 2003 (VC++ 7.1). It's called the "Microsoft
Visual C++ Toolkit 2003" and you can download it from their website.

This may be preferable as the Windows binary distribution of Python is
built with VC++, not MinGW, so you're guaranteed ABI compatibility with
it if you build the Boost.Python library and and your extensions with
VC++ as well.