Building Boost with C++17 standard

Boost - Users mailing list
Okay, so how do I build Boost under the C++17 standard?  There's something I need to do in the configuration file, right?

Re: Building Boost with C++17 standard

Boost - Users mailing list
On 2019-09-11 2:14 p.m., Osman Zakir via Boost-users wrote:
> Okay, so how do I build Boost under the C++17 standard?  There's
> something I need to do in the configuration file, right?

part of my command line on linux (windows would be a different toolset):

./b2 --layout=versioned toolset=gcc cxxflags=-std=gnu++17 ........

Raymond.
https://blog.raymond.burkholder.net

Re: Building Boost with C++17 standard

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 4:15 PM Osman Zakir via Boost-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Okay, so how do I build Boost under the C++17 standard?  There's something I need to do in the configuration file, right?

b2 cxxstd=17

Glen

On 2019-09-11 2:14 p.m., Osman Zakir via Boost-users wrote:
> Okay, so how do I build Boost under the C++17 standard?  There's
> something I need to do in the configuration file, right?

part of my command line on linux (windows would be a different toolset):

./b2 --layout=versioned toolset=gcc cxxflags=-std=gnu++17 ........

The cxxflags use is discouraged. The cxxstd is b2 canonical setting for the standard.

Mateusz Loskot, [hidden email]
(Sent from mobile, may suffer from top-posting)

Re: Building Boost with C++17 standard

Okay, thanks.  I'll do that, then.