Building Boost 1.66.0 - probable user error

Building Boost 1.66.0 - probable user error

Boost - Users mailing list
I must be getting old. Building Boost used to be so much easier. I
suspect I have missed something in the doc.

I downloaded 1.66.0. This is for Win8.1 and MSVC 2017. From a command
line bootstrap finally worked to get b2 although there were complaints
about some of the options. Running b2 fails. I used to do

   .\b2 --prefix=xxx toolset=msvc --build-type=complete stage

Almost verbatim from the Getting Started doc. stage is not a target is
the error. As far as I know the only way to find targets is to wander
through .jam files (finding targets was always difficult as far back as
1.27 as I recollect).

Any idea what I missed and where?

Larry

Re: Building Boost 1.66.0 - probable user error

Boost - Users mailing list
AMDG

On 03/15/2018 07:48 PM, Larry via Boost-users wrote:
> I must be getting old. Building Boost used to be so much easier. I
> suspect I have missed something in the doc.
>
> I downloaded 1.66.0. This is for Win8.1 and MSVC 2017. From a command
> line bootstrap finally worked to get b2 although there were complaints
> about some of the options. Running b2 fails. I used to do
>
>   .\b2 --prefix=xxx toolset=msvc --build-type=complete stage

Are you running this command from the top level directory?
The error indicates that you're probably running it in
some other directory.

> Almost verbatim from the Getting Started doc. stage is not a target is
> the error. As far as I know the only way to find targets is to wander
> through .jam files (finding targets was always difficult as far back as
> 1.27 as I recollect).
>
> Any idea what I missed and where?

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe