Quantcast

Building Boost 1.63.0 with Oracle Developer Studio 12.5

Building Boost 1.63.0 with Oracle Developer Studio 12.5

Is building Boost 1.63.0 with Oracle Developer Studio 12.5 supported?

I tried building it using the following commands but I get a lot of errors:

./bootstrap.sh --with-toolset=sun

./b2 link=shared runtime-link=shared address-model=64 variant=release cxxflags="-std=c++14" linkflags="-std=c++14"

FYI, I’m building on Oracle Solaris 11.3 running on a x86-64 virtual machine.

Am I missing something?

Kind regards,
Leo

Re: Building Boost 1.63.0 with Oracle Developer Studio 12.5

Boost - Users mailing list
These are the issues I have discovered after examining the build log:
  • Error message during configuration check:
    error: No best alternative for libs/context/build/asm/make_x86_64_sysv_elf_gas.o
        next alternative: required properties: <threading>multi
  • Warning message during configuration check even after installing developer/icu and library/icu packages:
    - Boost.Locale needs either iconv or ICU library to be built.
  • Lots of error messages during Boost.Fiber build.
  • Error message during Boost.Python build.
I am attaching a copy of the build log for your perusal.

I have also adjusted the build command to include “threading=multi”.

Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2017 12:40 PM
Subject: Building Boost 1.63.0 with Oracle Developer Studio 12.5

Hi,

Is building Boost 1.63.0 with Oracle Developer Studio 12.5 supported?

I tried building it using the following commands but I get a lot of errors:

./bootstrap.sh --with-toolset=sun

./b2 link=shared runtime-link=shared address-model=64 threading=multi variant=release cxxflags="-std=c++14" linkflags="-std=c++14"

FYI, I’m building on Oracle Solaris 11.3 running on a x86-64 virtual machine.

Am I missing something?

Kind regards,
Leo

libsol11i.log (1M) Download Attachment