Boost total binary size

Boost - Build mailing list
Hello,

I want to build the boost libs using gcc on my usb flash drive (my os: 32bit Windows 10 Pro). Here is my build command:
b2 -j2 --build-dir=D:\boost_1_67_0\boost_1_67_0\Build toolset=gcc variant=debug link=static --build-type=complete stage
The problem is, the flash drive only has 4 gb of memory, and I have other files on it as well. The problem is, it seems like the libs are huge, and so I get errors because I got no space left on the flash drive, but I don't know what to delete further. Is there a rule of thumb how big the binaries should be after my build command? Is it a bad idea to compile from and to the flash drive?

Re: Boost total binary size

Boost - Build mailing list
AMDG

On 05/23/2018 07:22 AM, Benjamin Müller via Boost-build wrote:

> I want to build the boost libs using gcc on my usb flash drive (my os:
> 32bit Windows 10 Pro). Here is my build command:
> b2 -j2 --build-dir=D:\boost_1_67_0\boost_1_67_0\Build toolset=gcc
> variant=debug link=static --build-type=complete stage
> The problem is, the flash drive only has 4 gb of memory, and I have
> other files on it as well. The problem is, it seems like the libs are
> huge, and so I get errors because I got no space left on the flash
> drive, but I don't know what to delete further. Is there a rule of thumb
> how big the binaries should be after my build command? Is it a bad idea
> to compile from and to the flash drive?

  If you don't have enough disk space, you should
only build what you need.  In particular, don't
use --build-type=complete, and build specific
libraries e.g. --with-regex.  Also, the release
variant will take less space than the debug
build.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe