Boost "Application" concept?

Boost - Users mailing list
Hello,

I know Boost has within its repo the elements of bits that comprise a
typical application; i.e. program options, for starters, etc.

However, I was curious, is there a library in the Boost repo that
wraps it all up in a prescribed format? Or a handle of recipes?

Things I would expect to find include the program options, ability to
run, with some arguments, etc. Not an exhaustive set of expectations,
to be sure.

Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers,

Michael W Powell

Re: Boost "Application" concept?

Boost - Users mailing list
On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 at 17:56, Michael Powell via Boost-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> However, I was curious, is there a library in the Boost repo that
> wraps it all up in a prescribed format? Or a handle of recipes?

Such a library (or library idea) was proposed in the past and if I
remember correctly the discussion lead to,
instead of having one library to bind them, provide all missing parts
as separate libraries (which is why it looks like most parts
are now ready) and let the user chose which parts to use.

I don't remember if there was an end-goal to have a library doing the
summation of the libraries, but you can look for the discussions
in the mailing list archives with this keyword: "Boost.Application"

Joël