Boost logo font?

Boost - Dev mailing list
Dear all,

does someone remember which font was used for the Boost logo on boost.org? Is it possible to get this font to make another logo? I want to make a logo for Boost.Histogram.

Best regards,
Hans

Re: Boost logo font?

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 at 13:12, Hans Dembinski via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> does someone remember which font was used for the Boost logo on boost.org?
> Is it possible to get this font to make another logo? I want to make a logo for Boost.Histogram.

It's called Denmark. You will find it.

Re: Boost logo font?

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 at 13:19, Mateusz Loskot <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 at 13:12, Hans Dembinski via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > does someone remember which font was used for the Boost logo on boost.org?
> > Is it possible to get this font to make another logo? I want to make a logo for Boost.Histogram.
>
> It's called Denmark. You will find it.

https://github.com/boostorg/website/blob/workplace/logo/fonts/DENMARK.TTF

Re: Boost logo font?

W dniu 23.10.2019 o 13:19, Mateusz Loskot via Boost pisze:
> On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 at 13:12, Hans Dembinski via Boost
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> does someone remember which font was used for the Boost logo on boost.org?
>> Is it possible to get this font to make another logo? I want to make a logo for Boost.Histogram.
> It's called Denmark. You will find it.
I have it here together with other stuff:

https://github.com/awulkiew/boost-logos

Adam

Re: Boost logo font?

Boost - Dev mailing list
W dniu 23.10.2019 o 13:24, Adam Wulkiewicz pisze:

> W dniu 23.10.2019 o 13:19, Mateusz Loskot via Boost pisze:
>> On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 at 13:12, Hans Dembinski via Boost
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> does someone remember which font was used for the Boost logo on
>>> boost.org?
>>> Is it possible to get this font to make another logo? I want to make
>>> a logo for Boost.Histogram.
>> It's called Denmark. You will find it.
> I have it here together with other stuff:
>
> https://github.com/awulkiew/boost-logos

and here:

https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/tree/develop/doc/other/logo

> Adam

Re: Boost logo font?

W dniu 23.10.2019 o 13:20, Mateusz Loskot via Boost pisze:
> On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 at 13:19, Mateusz Loskot <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 at 13:12, Hans Dembinski via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> does someone remember which font was used for the Boost logo on boost.org?
>>> Is it possible to get this font to make another logo? I want to make a logo for Boost.Histogram.
>> It's called Denmark. You will find it.
> https://github.com/boostorg/website/blob/workplace/logo/fonts/DENMARK.TTF
So here is the Boost logo people ask about from time to time
(https://github.com/boostorg/website/tree/workplace/logo) and nobody
knows where it is. Interesting. :)

Adam

Re: Boost logo font?

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 at 13:35, Adam Wulkiewicz via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> W dniu 23.10.2019 o 13:20, Mateusz Loskot via Boost pisze:

> >> It's called Denmark. You will find it.
> > https://github.com/boostorg/website/blob/workplace/logo/fonts/DENMARK.TTF
>
> So here is the Boost logo people ask about from time to time
> (https://github.com/boostorg/website/tree/workplace/logo) and nobody
> knows where it is. Interesting. :)

People should learn how to use the awesome search tool (kudos goes to
Michael Caisse and his team)
available for the Boost mailing list archives :-)

https://lists.boost.org/search/boost/cgi-bin/swish.cgi?query=logo+workplace&submit=Search%21&metaname=swishdefault&sort=swishlastmodified&reverse=on

and first hit of the bunch is this
https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost//2018/06/242303.php

Finally, with a bit of forensic skill they should be able to track
https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/website/workplace/logo/
down here
https://github.com/boostorg/website/tree/workplace/logo/

Simples! ;P

Re: Boost logo font?

Dear Mateusz and everyone else,

> On 23. Oct 2019, at 13:20, Mateusz Loskot via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 at 13:19, Mateusz Loskot <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 at 13:12, Hans Dembinski via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> does someone remember which font was used for the Boost logo on boost.org?
>>> Is it possible to get this font to make another logo? I want to make a logo for Boost.Histogram.
>>
>> It's called Denmark. You will find it.
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/website/blob/workplace/logo/fonts/DENMARK.TTF

thank you all for the super fast responses!

Best regards,
Hans

Re: Boost logo font?

> On 23. Oct 2019, at 13:48, Mateusz Loskot via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 at 13:35, Adam Wulkiewicz via Boost
> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> https://github.com/boostorg/website/blob/workplace/logo/fonts/DENMARK.TTF
>>
>> So here is the Boost logo people ask about from time to time
>> (https://github.com/boostorg/website/tree/workplace/logo) and nobody
>> knows where it is. Interesting. :)
>
> People should learn how to use the awesome search tool (kudos goes to
> Michael Caisse and his team)
> available for the Boost mailing list archives :-)
>
> https://lists.boost.org/search/boost/cgi-bin/swish.cgi?query=logo+workplace&submit=Search%21&metaname=swishdefault&sort=swishlastmodified&reverse=on
>
> and first hit of the bunch is this
> https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost//2018/06/242303.php
>
> Finally, with a bit of forensic skill they should be able to track
> https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/website/workplace/logo/
> down here
> https://github.com/boostorg/website/tree/workplace/logo/
>
> Simples! ;P

Fair enough, will keep that in mind. Mailing list archeology was useful in the discussion about licenses.

Re: Boost logo font?

> On 23. Oct 2019, at 13:24, Adam Wulkiewicz via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> W dniu 23.10.2019 o 13:19, Mateusz Loskot via Boost pisze:
>> On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 at 13:12, Hans Dembinski via Boost
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> does someone remember which font was used for the Boost logo on boost.org?
>>> Is it possible to get this font to make another logo? I want to make a logo for Boost.Histogram.
>> It's called Denmark. You will find it.
> I have it here together with other stuff:
>
> https://github.com/awulkiew/boost-logos

I wasn't even aware that these logo variations exist. They don't seem to be shown in the docs, on Github, or on www.boost.org.

I plan to make a logo with a slightly different style, which is not reusing the main boost logo.

Re: Boost logo font?

Boost - Dev mailing list
W dniu 23.10.2019 o 14:00, Hans Dembinski pisze:
> On 23. Oct 2019, at 13:24, Adam Wulkiewicz via Boost
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I have it here together with other stuff:
>>
>> https://github.com/awulkiew/boost-logos
> I wasn't even aware that these logo variations exist. They don't seem to be shown in the docs, on Github, or on www.boost.org.
They are not official logos. At some point I proposed to make logos for
all Boost libraries in the same style but the interest was small. Still
I didn't remove them in case they were useful for someone in the future.

Adam

Re: Boost logo font?

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 2019-10-23 17:56, Adam Wulkiewicz via Boost wrote:

> W dniu 23.10.2019 o 14:00, Hans Dembinski pisze:
>> On 23. Oct 2019, at 13:24, Adam Wulkiewicz via Boost
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I have it here together with other stuff:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/awulkiew/boost-logos
>> I wasn't even aware that these logo variations exist. They don't seem
>> to be shown in the docs, on Github, or on www.boost.org.
> They are not official logos. At some point I proposed to make logos for
> all Boost libraries in the same style but the interest was small. Still
> I didn't remove them in case they were useful for someone in the future.

And they actually were. I used a few of them for the libraries I
maintain. Many thanks, Adam!