Boost Steering Committee

Beman Dawes
There was a special session Friday morning at BoostCon 2011 to
announce the formation of a Boost Steering Committee.

The slides from that session have been annotated to make them more
comprehensible to those not present.

See http://tinyurl.com/3l27o3q

(There is also a link on steering.boost.org, but DNS isn't resolving
that yet for me. Instead use
https://sites.google.com/a/boost.org/steering/)

We haven't yet decided anything beyond what is on the slides, so it
will take a bit of time before details emerge. As the slides mention,
the first job of the steering committee is to design of its own
operating procedures and policies. Input from the Boost community will
help form those procedures and policies.

The steering committee is an important change in the way Boost operates!

We hope it will position Boost to continue to grow and prosper.

--The Boost Steering Committee
        Beman Dawes
        Dave Abrahams
        Hartmut Kaiser
        Jeff Garland
        Jon Kalb
        Marshall Clow
        Robert Stewart
        Steven Wantanabe

Re: Boost Steering Committee

Max Sobolev
On 27.05.2011 15:06, Beman Dawes wrote:
> [...] to announce the formation of a Boost Steering Committee.
>[...]
> The steering committee is an important change in the way Boost operates!
>
> We hope it will position Boost to continue to grow and prosper.

Cool! :) I like your initiative :)

Re: Boost Steering Committee

Rene Rivera-2
On 5/27/2011 6:06 AM, Beman Dawes wrote:
> There was a special session Friday morning at BoostCon 2011 to
> announce the formation of a Boost Steering Committee.

It's certainly good news (even if I was aware of it before this email).
But I have one immediate concern..

> --The Boost Steering Committee
>          Beman Dawes
>          Dave Abrahams
>          Hartmut Kaiser
>          Jeff Garland
>          Jon Kalb
>          Marshall Clow
>          Robert Stewart
>          Steven Wantanabe

Being a board member, of a political organization, I'm familiar with the
dynamics of filling committees and boards to represent the varied
interests of the members. And I worry that, AFAICT, the above misses the
rather important demographic of:

* The people that are highly active in the community but can't come to
the conference because of various reasons. In my case for economic
reasons, but for others it's geographic reasons, etc.

* The people from non-US locales.

Hopefully you will consider ways of including the diverse Boost
population as time goes on. Anyway, good news to hear :-)

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything