[Boost.Spirit] Spirit 3.0.0

Joel de Guzman
Boost.Spirit has posted a new item, 'Spirit 3.0.0'

C++ Now 2015. Today is the official release of Spirit X3, aka Spirit 3.0.0. X3
will be in beta, coexisting side by side with Qi, Karma, Lex and Classic.

If you are a Qi user. The best place to start are the examples, especially rexpr
and x3 fun.

Remember to use a compile with c++14 capabilities:

        clang 3.4 [...]

You may view the latest post at
http://boost-spirit.com/home/2015/05/16/spirit-3-0-0/

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.
Best regards,
Joel de Guzman

Re: [Boost.Spirit] Spirit 3.0.0

Yiqing
Hi Joel,

Congratulations for the Spirit 3 release!

Unfortunately, we can't take advantage of it. We need to create a query parser, similar to SQL language, which is quite large and complex.  The end result after parsing needs to be represented as an expression tree using our own class definitions and API to build it. The AST support in Spirit 2 & 3 requires to define a set of  structs to map the grammar. For a big grammar, there is a lot of extra work; and the generated AST structs still needs to be traversed and be transformed into our own tree structures. For our application, that's a waste of effort. What we really need is the old AST support provided in Spirit Classic, which uses the internal generated parser tree and a few notation in the grammar to identify the node types and child/parent relationships. There is very few effort needed to generate an AST that can be used to generate the ultimate expression tree.

I am so disappointed that the Parse Tree (pt_parse) & AST (ast_parse) provided in Spirit Classic, are not continued to be supported in Spirit 2 & 3. Any particular reason for this? Can you give guidance how can we use Spirit 3 to do what we would like to do described above?

Thanks,

Yiqing Yang

Boost.Spirit has posted a new item, 'Spirit 3.0.0'

C++ Now 2015. Today is the official release of Spirit X3, aka Spirit
C++ 3.0.0. X3
will be in beta, coexisting side by side with Qi, Karma, Lex and Classic.

If you are a Qi user. The best place to start are the examples, especially rexpr and x3 fun.

Remember to use a compile with c++14 capabilities:

        clang 3.4 [...]

You may view the latest post at
http://boost-spirit.com/home/2015/05/16/spirit-3-0-0/

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are posted.
Best regards,
Joel de Guzman

One dashboard for servers and applications across Physical-Virtual-Cloud Widest out-of-the-box monitoring support with 50+ applications Performance metrics, stats and reports that give you Actionable Insights Deep dive visibility with transaction tracing using APM Insight.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/290420510;117567292;y