Quantcast

Boost.Python example for Windows XP

Andreas Pfister
Hi,

I am trying to create a python module compatible with windows xp.  I ported my solution from Visual studio 2012 to Visual studio 2015. With the new version I cannot build a python module which can be loaded on a windows xp system.

The module seems to have a dependency to api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll which is part of the visual studio runtime. However, i used static runtime when compiling boost and compiling my test module.

The question is: Can someone give me a step-by-step instruction to build the boost.python examples using visual studio 2015 such that they are compatible with Windows XP (without installing the msvc redistributable package).

Thank you!