Boost::Process is broken

Boost - Dev mailing list
All,

Has anyone tried to build with <boost/process.hpp> included using XCode 9.0? I don’t think this went through code review.

include/boost/process/exception.hpp:22:30: error: using declaration cannot refer to a constructor
    using std::system_error::system_error;
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

I’m not sure that does what was intended, and the compiler thinks it’s silly talk…

Any and all assistance appreciated in advance…

\W/

Re: Boost::Process is broken

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 08/02/17 20:18, Wilfred Smith via Boost wrote:

> All,
>
> Has anyone tried to build with <boost/process.hpp> included using XCode 9.0? I don’t think this went through code review.
>
> include/boost/process/exception.hpp:22:30: error: using declaration cannot refer to a constructor
>      using std::system_error::system_error;
>            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
>
> I’m not sure that does what was intended, and the compiler thinks it’s silly talk…
>
> Any and all assistance appreciated in advance…

This is constructor inheritance[1]. It seems, your compiler doesn't
support it.

[1]: http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/language/using_declaration

Warning generated by boost::process code

Dear Sir or Madam,

In Boost 1.64.0,

include/boost/process/detail/posix/wait_group.hpp:131:10: warning: unused variable 'start' [-Wunused-variable]
    auto start = std::chrono::system_clock::now();
         ^
/usr/local/include/boost/process/detail/posix/wait_group.hpp:165:10: warning: unused variable 'start' [-Wunused-variable]
    auto start = std::chrono::system_clock::now();
         ^

I believe these two lines should be removed. This appears to be a “copy and paste” issue. The two routines above these lines use the “start” variable to calculate a relative time. However, the later two routines use an absolute time, and the compiler complains as shown above.

Removing these two lines should fix the compiler warning and have no adverse effect.

Please let me know if this is the wrong place to complain about issues.

\W/

Re: Warning generated by boost::process code

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hey Wilfred,

well thanks for using my library, the right place would be to write an
issue here www.github.com/klemens-morgenstern/boost-process .

No need for this issue though, I'll take care of that right now, thanks
for reporting.