Boost.Pool: singleton_pool - thread safe for any kind of threads?

Boost.Pool: singleton_pool - thread safe for any kind of threads?

Boost - Users mailing list
Hi All,
singleton_pool documentation claims that it is thread safe. It is not clear too me if this is applied to all kinds of threads or only the ones from Boost library. For example, I am using OpenMP which is external to Boost. Would singleton_pool still be thread safe or do I need to redefine Mutex? What if I later decide to use some other kind of threads like Intel Cilk Plus or TBB?
Thank you,
Igor

Re: Boost.Pool: singleton_pool - thread safe for any kind of threads?

Boost - Users mailing list
AMDG

On 04/07/2017 01:26 PM, Igor Yakushin via Boost-users wrote:
> singleton_pool documentation claims that it is thread safe. It is not clear
> too me if this is applied to all kinds of threads or only the ones from
> Boost library. For example, I am using OpenMP which is external to Boost.
> Would singleton_pool still be thread safe or do I need to redefine Mutex?
> What if I later decide to use some other kind of threads like Intel Cilk
> Plus or TBB?

  It doesn't matter how you start the threads.
They're all the same thing under the hood.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe