Boost, MacOSx, and 64 bit

Boost - Users mailing list
I have built boost 1.68 and 1.69 on MacOSX. When I try to use the binary components in a link, I get an error about not being able to find a version for x86_64.
Does anyone have any tips? Is there a 64 but specific define for the build?

Boost 1.66 from MacPorts seems to be fine but they don’t have 1.68 or 1.69 available (yet).
I have a lot of software build using MacPorts so a migration to Homebrew is not really doable at this time.

Re: Boost, MacOSx, and 64 bit

Boost - Users mailing list
On 5/02/2019 11:02, S. L. Garwood wrote:
> I have built boost 1.68 and 1.69 on MacOSX. When I try to use the binary components in a link, I get an error about not being able to find a version for x86_64.
> Does anyone have any tips? Is there a 64 but specific define for the build?

If you are compiling it yourself, include address-model=64 on the b2
command line.

If you want to build both, use address-model=32,64

More options for the build are explained in
https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_69_0/more/getting_started/unix-variants.html
and in the b2 help.

Re: Boost, MacOSx, and 64 bit

Boost - Users mailing list