Boost.Format Library Maintenance

Boost - Dev mailing list
Currently the Boost.Format library is being maintained by the CMT.  I would
like to petition for that responsibility and lighten their case load
further.  I recently assumed maintenance for Boost.Uuid, and I have added
Universal Windows Platform support to Boost.WinAPI and Boost.Predef so that
folks will have an easier time making Windows Store compatible apps.  I
have also been working on a change that will add UWP support to
Boost.Random and turn it into a header-only library, and expect to submit
that in the next few days.  I would like to shore up the CI environment for
Boost.Format and groom the backlog in trac and on github, and get all the
open issues resolved.

Thanks for your consideration,

Jim King

Re: Boost.Format Library Maintenance

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 10/7/2017 10:53 AM, James E. King, III via Boost wrote:

> Currently the Boost.Format library is being maintained by the CMT.  I would
> like to petition for that responsibility and lighten their case load
> further.  I recently assumed maintenance for Boost.Uuid, and I have added
> Universal Windows Platform support to Boost.WinAPI and Boost.Predef so that
> folks will have an easier time making Windows Store compatible apps.  I
> have also been working on a change that will add UWP support to
> Boost.Random and turn it into a header-only library, and expect to submit
> that in the next few days.  I would like to shore up the CI environment for
> Boost.Format and groom the backlog in trac and on github, and get all the
> open issues resolved.
>
> Thanks for your consideration,

I would like to applaud Jim King for the work he has done with updating
the uuid library and back him in his desire to be the maintainer for the
format library. I believe he is fully capable of these library
maintenance positions.

> Jim King

Re: Boost.Format Library Maintenance

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Sat, Oct 7, 2017 at 9:06 PM, Edward Diener via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 10/7/2017 10:53 AM, James E. King, III via Boost wrote:
>
>> Currently the Boost.Format library is being maintained by the CMT.  I
>> would
>> like to petition for that responsibility and lighten their case load
>> further.  I recently assumed maintenance for Boost.Uuid, and I have added
>> Universal Windows Platform support to Boost.WinAPI and Boost.Predef so
>> that
>> folks will have an easier time making Windows Store compatible apps.  I
>> have also been working on a change that will add UWP support to
>> Boost.Random and turn it into a header-only library, and expect to submit
>> that in the next few days.  I would like to shore up the CI environment
>> for
>> Boost.Format and groom the backlog in trac and on github, and get all the
>> open issues resolved.
>>
>> Thanks for your consideration,
>>

> I would like to applaud Jim King for the work he has done with updating
> the uuid library and back him in his desire to be the maintainer for the
> format library. I believe he is fully capable of these library maintenance
> positions.

Any additional actions I need to take in order to move this forward?

- Jim

James E. King, III wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 7, 2017 at 9:06 PM, Edward Diener via Boost <
> [hidden email]> wrote:

> > I would like to applaud Jim King for the work he has done with updating
> > the uuid library and back him in his desire to be the maintainer for the
> > format library. I believe he is fully capable of these library
> > maintenance positions.
>
> Any additional actions I need to take in order to move this forward?

Unless someone objects, I'm going to give write access to Format to James
until the question of official maintainership is somehow resolved.