Boost.Filesystem is there a way to lock files/directories and set their permissions?

Boost.Filesystem is there a way to lock files/directories and set their permissions?

Elisha Berns
Hi,

Is there a way to use Boost.Filesystem to lock file and directories and
also set file and directory permissions?  From the documentation there
appears to be none, so can this feature be added to the next version?

Elisha Berns
[hidden email]
tel. (310) 556 - 8332
fax (310) 556 - 2839

Re: Boost.Filesystem is there a way to lockfiles/directories and set their permissions?

Beman Dawes

"Elisha Berns" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to use Boost.Filesystem to lock file and directories and
> also set file and directory permissions?  From the documentation there
> appears to be none, so can this feature be added to the next version?

There is no locking now. It has been on my wish list for a long time, but
more pressing needs keep pushing locking aside.

Care to propose an interface that will work for both POSIX and Windows?

--Beman