Boost ASIO

We have been using Boost for our firmware product which runs in ARM
processor.

However for development we make use of Visual Studio IDE. We also have our
own TCP / IP suite which defines its own socket.h file.

We are facing issue related to using Boost ASIO in Windows development
platform. It seems that the library by default includes windows networking
header files - which we do not want. Instead we want Boost ASIO to make our
own library socket headers and declaration.

We noticed that if we include Boost ASIO and our TCP / IP socket
declaration we get re-definition error and compilation fails with lots of
errors?

Please let us know how we can resolve the issue with the objective
mentioned above?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Prakash

Re: Boost ASIO

Boost - Dev mailing list
Would need more detail in order to provide help.

Does your proprietary socket library provide the Berkeley sockets interface?

On Thu, 2 Jan 2020 at 18:53, live man via Boost <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have been using Boost for our firmware product which runs in ARM
> processor.
>
> However for development we make use of Visual Studio IDE. We also have our
> own TCP / IP suite which defines its own socket.h file.
>
> We are facing issue related to using Boost ASIO in Windows development
> platform. It seems that the library by default includes windows networking
> header files - which we do not want. Instead we want Boost ASIO to make our
> own library socket headers and declaration.
>
> We noticed that if we include Boost ASIO and our TCP / IP socket
> declaration we get re-definition error and compilation fails with lots of
> errors?
>
> Please let us know how we can resolve the issue with the objective
> mentioned above?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Prakash

Richard Hodges
[hidden email]
office: +442032898513
home: +376841522
mobile: +376380212

Re: Boost ASIO

Boost - Dev mailing list
Yes. we have a complete TCP/IP suite stack or make use of FOSS technology
ex lwIP. (*lightweight IP*)