Boost 1.37.0 Release Notice

Beman Dawes
Boost 1.37.0 has been released and is available from SourceForge. See
http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/

This release includes one new library: Proto: Expression template
library and compiler construction toolkit for domain-specific embedded
languages, from Eric Niebler.

Updated libraries include Asio, Circular Buffer, Dynamic Bitset, Hash,
Interprocess, Intrusive, Math Type, Traits, and Unordered.

The release managers were Beman Dawes, Daniel James, Eric Niebler, and
Rene Rivera.

The web site should be updated soon to reflect the new release. If you
can't wait, see http://beta.boost.org now!

--Beman Dawes

Re: Boost 1.37.0 Release Notice

Andrew Sutton-2
Boost 1.37.0 has been released and is available from SourceForge. See
http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/

Does this mean that trunk is now open for new features? I have a new algorithm, a possible GCC 4.3 bug fix, and some doc updates for Boost.Graph for Boost 1.38 that I'd like to merge in. Should I hold off for a while?

Andrew Sutton

Re: Boost 1.37.0 Release Notice

Vladimir Prus-3
Andrew Sutton wrote:

>> Boost 1.37.0 has been released and is available from SourceForge. See
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/
>>

> Does this mean that trunk is now open for new features? I have a new
> algorithm, a possible GCC 4.3 bug fix, and some doc updates for Boost.Graph
> for Boost 1.38 that I'd like to merge in. Should I hold off for a while?

IIUC, the *trunk* is always open for new features.

- Volodya

Re: Boost 1.37.0 Release Notice

Andrew Sutton-2
> Does this mean that trunk is now open for new features? I have a new
> algorithm, a possible GCC 4.3 bug fix, and some doc updates for Boost.Graph
> for Boost 1.38 that I'd like to merge in. Should I hold off for a while?

IIUC, the *trunk* is always open for new features.

I guess I should have been read the svn wiki, which I am now doing... Disregard, please.

Andrew Sutton

Re: Boost 1.37.0 Release Notice

Gubenko, Boris
1.37.0 Release Note <http://beta.boost.org/users/news/version_1_37_0>
misses primary test compiler:

GCC 4.2.1 on HP-UX Integrity

(this platform was added as a release platform in 1.37)

Thanks,
  Boris

John Maddock
Andrew Sutton wrote:
>>> Boost 1.37.0 has been released and is available from SourceForge.
>>> See http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/
>>>

>> Does this mean that trunk is now open for new features? I have a new
>> algorithm, a possible GCC 4.3 bug fix, and some doc updates for
>> Boost.Graph for Boost 1.38 that I'd like to merge in. Should I hold
>> off for a while?

Trunk for sure: that was never really closed, not sure about the release
branch though?

John.

Re: Boost 1.37.0 Release Notice

Daniel James
2008/11/3 Gubenko, Boris <[hidden email]>:
> 1.37.0 Release Note <http://beta.boost.org/users/news/version_1_37_0>
> misses primary test compiler:
>
> GCC 4.2.1 on HP-UX Integrity
>
> (this platform was added as a release platform in 1.37)

Thanks, I've added it.

Daniel

Re: Boost 1.37.0 Release Notice

Gubenko, Boris
Thanks!

-boris

Sachin Garg wrote:

> Any plans to add freebsd to test platforms?

New platforms, in general, get added when somebody with resources proposed to
run tests there.

- Volodya

Re: Boost 1.37.0 Release Notice

Daniel Krügler
Beman Dawes wrote:

> Boost 1.37.0 has been released and is available from SourceForge. See
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/
>
> This release includes one new library: Proto: Expression template
> library and compiler construction toolkit for domain-specific embedded
> languages, from Eric Niebler.
>
> Updated libraries include Asio, Circular Buffer, Dynamic Bitset, Hash,
> Interprocess, Intrusive, Math Type, Traits, and Unordered.
>
> The release managers were Beman Dawes, Daniel James, Eric Niebler, and
> Rene Rivera.
>
> The web site should be updated soon to reflect the new release. If you
> can't wait, see http://beta.boost.org now!

Congratulations!

I have one question, where I haven't found an answer to in the release
notes of 1.37: In 1.36 it was experimented with "hot fix patches" as
described in

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ReleasePractices/HotFixes

Have all these 1.36 patches been applied to the 1.37 release?
Does there exist a corresponding hot fix patch section for 1.37?

Thanks for all your work,

Daniel Krügler

Re: Boost 1.37.0 Release Notice

Eric Niebler
Daniel Krügler wrote:
> I have one question, where I haven't found an answer to in the release
> notes of 1.37: In 1.36 it was experimented with "hot fix patches" as
> described in
>
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ReleasePractices/HotFixes
>
> Have all these 1.36 patches been applied to the 1.37 release?

I can't answer for the filesystem patches, but the xpressive patch was
merged to release. I suppose that should be in the 1.37 release notes,
but it slipped my mind.

> Does there exist a corresponding hot fix patch section for 1.37?

Not yet. There's been rumors of someone managing a point release,
though. I'm not sure if we'll need the hotfix patches. If anybody knows
more, pls. jump in.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing

Re: Boost 1.37.0 Release Notice

Alexander Sack
On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 5:11 AM, Vladimir Prus <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sachin Garg wrote:
>
>> Any plans to add freebsd to test platforms?
>
> New platforms, in general, get added when somebody with resources proposed to
> run tests there.

I would love to do this but I had some issues with running the
regression tests on my FreeBSD-7.0-amd64 machine.  I would like the
gcc.jam and execution-monitor.ipp stuff fixed for the next release
(1.38?) since this prevents a clean build out of the box on 6.x (I've
submitted patches).

Maybe I should try running them again with 1.37 and asking some
questions on the boost-test list that way FreeBSD can be added as a
TESTED platform.

-aps

Re: Boost 1.37.0 Release Notice

James Sharpe
Would it be possible for you to include md5/sha checksums for the downloads in future so I can verify the integrity of the download?

Regards,
James