Boost 1.34 & Spirit 1.8.5

Nicola Musatti
Hallo,
is there any interest in a Spirit 1.8.5 release, based on the forthcoming Boost
1.34 release? I'm asking because I've got it almost ready, so it wouldn't be
much effort to issue it together with 1.6.4 once Boost 1.34 is out. Assuming
someone has a use for it, that is.

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti

Re: Boost 1.34 & Spirit 1.8.5

Joel de Guzman-2
Nicola Musatti wrote:
> Hallo,
> is there any interest in a Spirit 1.8.5 release, based on the forthcoming Boost
> 1.34 release? I'm asking because I've got it almost ready, so it wouldn't be
> much effort to issue it together with 1.6.4 once Boost 1.34 is out. Assuming
> someone has a use for it, that is.

Oh sweet! Most definitely!

Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com
http://spirit.sf.net

Re: Boost 1.34 & Spirit 1.8.5

Nicola Musatti
Joel de Guzman <joel <at> boost-consulting.com> writes:

> Nicola Musatti wrote:
> > Hallo,
> > is there any interest in a Spirit 1.8.5 release, based on the forthcoming
> > Boost 1.34 release? I'm asking because I've got it almost ready, so it
> > wouldn't be much effort to issue it together with 1.6.4 once Boost 1.34 is
> > out. Assuming someone has a use for it, that is.
>
> Oh sweet! Most definitely!

Alright. Given that 1.8 is still being developed in the Boost 1.35 environment I
plan to take the version that's in Boost 1.34 as is, without any further
modification. Consequently there aren't going to be any new Spirit branches spun
off Boost 1.34.

Is that OK?

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti

Re: Boost 1.34 & Spirit 1.8.5

Joel de Guzman-2
Nicola Musatti wrote:

> Joel de Guzman <joel <at> boost-consulting.com> writes:
>
>> Nicola Musatti wrote:
>>> Hallo,
>>> is there any interest in a Spirit 1.8.5 release, based on the forthcoming
>>> Boost 1.34 release? I'm asking because I've got it almost ready, so it
>>> wouldn't be much effort to issue it together with 1.6.4 once Boost 1.34 is
>>> out. Assuming someone has a use for it, that is.
>> Oh sweet! Most definitely!
>
> Alright. Given that 1.8 is still being developed in the Boost 1.35 environment I
> plan to take the version that's in Boost 1.34 as is, without any further
> modification. Consequently there aren't going to be any new Spirit branches spun
> off Boost 1.34.
>
> Is that OK?

Sounds good!

Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com
http://spirit.sf.net

Re: Boost 1.34 & Spirit 1.8.5

Tobias Schwinger-2
Joel de Guzman wrote:

> Nicola Musatti wrote:
>> Joel de Guzman <joel <at> boost-consulting.com> writes:

>>> Oh sweet! Most definitely!
>> Alright. Given that 1.8 is still being developed in the Boost 1.35 environment I
>> plan to take the version that's in Boost 1.34 as is, without any further
>> modification. Consequently there aren't going to be any new Spirit branches spun
>> off Boost 1.34.
>>
>> Is that OK?

Just read this one, so I hope it's not too late:
Please use the CVS HEAD for optimized trees, if possible.

Regards,
Tobias

Re: Boost 1.34 & Spirit 1.8.5

Nicola Musatti
[This is the reply I sent to Tobias. I didn't realize I was cc'ed from
the newsgroup]

On 4/30/07, Tobias Schwinger <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]
 > Just read this one, so I hope it's not too late:
 > Please use the CVS HEAD for optimized trees, if possible.

I'm sorry, but I won't. Spirit 1.8.5 will be exactly the same as the
version that's going to be in 1.34, part because I don't think it wise
to break the alignment, part because I currently have very little time
to devote to packing Spirit releases.

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti