[Bimap] Maintenance

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hello

Some Boost.Bimap's maintenance PRs have remained unmerged. The library also
hasn't been following additions to the STL that should be mapped in the
provided containers and implementing proper support for move semantics,
between other features.

Since I haven't been involved in C++ for a while, I am not currently in a
position to push for a new version and I would prefer to allow other people
to become a maintainer.

What is the process to enable other maintainers to push the library forward?

Best
Matias

Re: [Bimap] Maintenance

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 8:20 AM Matias Capeletto via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Some Boost.Bimap's maintenance PRs have remained unmerged. The library also
> hasn't been following additions to the STL that should be mapped in the
> provided containers and implementing proper support for move semantics,
> between other features.
>
> Since I haven't been involved in C++ for a while, I am not currently in a
> position to push for a new version and I would prefer to allow other people
> to become a maintainer.
>
> What is the process to enable other maintainers to push the library forward?
>
> Best
> Matias

Hi Matias,

The library can be under the community maintenance team until someone
volunteers (and is approved) to become the new maintainer of the
library. If you have someone in mind, you can contact them and see if
they are interested and then mail this list recommending them.

Glen

Re: [Bimap] Maintenance

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hello Glen,

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 2:53 PM Glen Fernandes <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> The library can be under the community maintenance team until someone
> volunteers (and is approved) to become the new maintainer of the
> library.

Great, thanks a lot.

If you have someone in mind, you can contact them and see if
> they are interested and then mail this list recommending them.

I do not have someone in mind. Maybe someone that has been involved with
the Boost community lately will step forward when seeing this thread.

Best
Matias

Re: [Bimap] Maintenance

For the time being can someone look at some of the PRs that have been
pending since 2018?

Also can we update meta/libraries.json with the new maintainer?

On Wed, 20 May 2020 at 13:53, Glen Fernandes via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 8:20 AM Matias Capeletto via Boost
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello
> >
> > Some Boost.Bimap's maintenance PRs have remained unmerged. The library also
> > hasn't been following additions to the STL that should be mapped in the
> > provided containers and implementing proper support for move semantics,
> > between other features.
> >
> > Since I haven't been involved in C++ for a while, I am not currently in a
> > position to push for a new version and I would prefer to allow other people
> > to become a maintainer.
> >
> > What is the process to enable other maintainers to push the library forward?
> >
> > Best
> > Matias
>
> Hi Matias,
>
> The library can be under the community maintenance team until someone
> volunteers (and is approved) to become the new maintainer of the
> library. If you have someone in mind, you can contact them and see if
> they are interested and then mail this list recommending them.
>
> Glen

Re: [Bimap] Maintenance

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Thu, 21 May 2020 at 16:04, Mathias Gaunard via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> For the time being can someone look at some of the PRs that have been
> pending since 2018?

I'm happy to take a look when I get a spare moment. I use bimap in fairly
frequently in prod code.

Probably the weekend at the earliest.