[Beast] streaming a large compressed file

[Beast] streaming a large compressed file

I’m trying to download a compressed .7z file with boost.beast.

The file is about 9GB in size, so what I’d like to do is stream the response in to boost.iostreams to allow decompression.

Is there any examples of interfacing boost.beast with boost.iostreams in this sort of streaming context?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean.

Re: [Beast] streaming a large compressed file

Boost - Users mailing list
On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 8:02 AM Sean Farrow via Boost-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there any examples of interfacing boost.beast with boost.iostreams in this sort of streaming context?

Not iostreams, but this example in the documentation shows how to read
the body one buffer at a time:

<https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_74_0/libs/beast/doc/html/beast/more_examples/http_relay.html>

Note: I'm not very happy with how this interface turned out, it has
some blemishes which will require breaking changes to fix. It can
still be made to work though.

Regards