Avoid building bjam

alainm

Hi,

I'm trying to run the run.py script through a job scheduler. Is there a way to tell run.py to use an existing bjam instead of trying to build its own ? That build process is stalling.

[alainm@p101 develop]$ pstree 70922
sh───build.sh───jam0───mkdir
[alainm@p101 develop]$
0 Z alainm    71041  71040  0  80   0 -     0 exit   15:54 ?        00:00:00 [mkdir] <defunct>

I do not want to investigate why its defunct ("jam0" seems to indicate that a bootstraping bjam is involved, which an explanation per se).
I just want to work around it. I read in the documentation that run.py will build b2 "if needed" so I guess that putting a precompiled bjam in the righ place should do ?

Thanks

Alain

Re: Avoid building bjam

alainm
On 22/09/2015 16:32, Alain Miniussi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to run the run.py script through a job scheduler. Is there a way to tell run.py to use an existing bjam instead of trying to build its own ? That build process is stalling.
>
> [alainm@p101 develop]$ pstree 70922
> sh───build.sh───jam0───mkdir
> [alainm@p101 develop]$
> 0 Z alainm    71041  71040  0  80   0 -     0 exit   15:54 ?        00:00:00 [mkdir] <defunct>
>
> I do not want to investigate why its defunct ("jam0" seems to indicate that a bootstraping bjam is involved, which an explanation per se).
> I just want to work around it. I read in the documentation that run.py will build b2 "if needed" so I guess that putting a precompiled bjam in the righ place should do ?

And if there is a way to achieve that, could that page be updated with the fix ?
http://www.boost.org/development/running_regression_tests.html

Thanks

Alain

Re: Avoid building bjam

alainm
On 22/09/2015 17:06, Alain Miniussi wrote:

> On 22/09/2015 16:32, Alain Miniussi wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to run the run.py script through a job scheduler. Is there a way to tell run.py to use an existing bjam instead of trying to build its own ? That build process is stalling.
>>
>> [alainm@p101 develop]$ pstree 70922
>> sh───build.sh───jam0───mkdir
>> [alainm@p101 develop]$
>> 0 Z alainm    71041  71040  0  80   0 -     0 exit   15:54 ?        00:00:00 [mkdir] <defunct>
>>
>> I do not want to investigate why its defunct ("jam0" seems to indicate that a bootstraping bjam is involved, which an explanation per se).
>> I just want to work around it. I read in the documentation that run.py will build b2 "if needed" so I guess that putting a precompiled bjam in the righ place should do ?
>
> And if there is a way to achieve that, could that page be updated with the fix ?
> http://www.boost.org/development/running_regression_tests.html

So apparently a b2 (not bjam, still not sure what's the difference) must be present in the same directory (not just in the path) as run.py.
Maybe that would be worth a update in the documentation ?

Thanks