[Asio] How to assign raw sockets (descriptors) to boost::asio::ssl::stream ?

[Asio] How to assign raw sockets (descriptors) to boost::asio::ssl::stream ?

Boost - Users mailing list
Hi guys !

I have client server app written on boost::asio.
I want to implement updating the server through `execve`.

But I don't know how to assign integer socket descriptor
(given by streamssl_.lowest_layer().native_handle())
to newly initialized server object after the updating
(descriptors strored/restored in shared memory ...)

Any help, please !

--
the best regards

Re: [Asio] How to assign raw sockets (descriptors) to boost::asio::ssl::stream ?

Boost - Users mailing list
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_66_0/doc/html/boost_asio/reference/generic__stream_protocol/socket.html

use a generic_stream::socket. It has a constructor for adopting an FD.

On 15 March 2018 at 23:06, Dmitriy V via Boost-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys !

I have client server app written on boost::asio.
I want to implement updating the server through `execve`.

But I don't know how to assign integer socket descriptor
(given by streamssl_.lowest_layer().native_handle())
to newly initialized server object after the updating
(descriptors strored/restored in shared memory ...)

Any help, please !

--
the best regards

Re: [Asio] How to assign raw sockets (descriptors) to boost::asio::ssl::stream ?

Boost - Users mailing list
Thank you very much Richard.