Appveyor setup for msvc-14.1 toolset

Boost - Dev mailing list
I have added an Appveyor test to some Boost libraries, but if I specify
toolset=msvc-9.0,msvc-10.0,msvc-11.0,msvc-12.0,msvc-14.0,msvc-14.1 on
the b2 test script command line the run fails when it gets to 14.1, due
to not finding 'cl',  but succeeds for the others. What is the magical
Appveyor incantation to test the latest VC++ ? I would like to avoid the
environment/matrix gunk I see in other appveyor.yml files, but if it is
the only way to get msvc-14.1 tests with Appveyor I will use it.

Re: Appveyor setup for msvc-14.1 toolset

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 7:59 AM, Edward Diener via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have added an Appveyor test to some Boost libraries, but if I specify
> toolset=msvc-9.0,msvc-10.0,msvc-11.0,msvc-12.0,msvc-14.0,msvc-14.1 on the
> b2 test script command line the run fails when it gets to 14.1, due to not
> finding 'cl',  but succeeds for the others. What is the magical Appveyor
> incantation to test the latest VC++ ? I would like to avoid the
> environment/matrix gunk I see in other appveyor.yml files, but if it is the
> only way to get msvc-14.1 tests with Appveyor I will use it.

You can't avoid it. As it requires different images to build restricted by
what's installed on each image <
https://www.appveyor.com/docs/build-environment/#pre-installed-software>

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Edward Diener wrote:

> I have added an Appveyor test to some Boost libraries, but if I specify
> toolset=msvc-9.0,msvc-10.0,msvc-11.0,msvc-12.0,msvc-14.0,msvc-14.1 on the
> b2 test script command line the run fails when it gets to 14.1, due to not
> finding 'cl',  but succeeds for the others. What is the magical Appveyor
> incantation to test the latest VC++ ? I would like to avoid the
> environment/matrix gunk I see in other appveyor.yml files, but if it is
> the only way to get msvc-14.1 tests with Appveyor I will use it.

You have to use the 2017 image for 14.1.

On 10/9/2017 10:32 AM, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:

> Edward Diener wrote:
>
>> I have added an Appveyor test to some Boost libraries, but if I
>> specify
>> toolset=msvc-9.0,msvc-10.0,msvc-11.0,msvc-12.0,msvc-14.0,msvc-14.1 on
>> the b2 test script command line the run fails when it gets to 14.1,
>> due to not finding 'cl',  but succeeds for the others. What is the
>> magical Appveyor incantation to test the latest VC++ ? I would like to
>> avoid the environment/matrix gunk I see in other appveyor.yml files,
>> but if it is the only way to get msvc-14.1 tests with Appveyor I will
>> use it.
>
> You have to use the 2017 image for 14.1.

Thanks, I see that now.