Annoucement: A gcc diagnostic message filter

Annoucement: A gcc diagnostic message filter

Emmanuel Le Trong
Hello,

     I have built a perl script to filter (and optionally colorize) GCC
diagnostic messages. As it is mainly aimed at simplifying heavy error
messages from templated C++ code, I thought I might announce it here.

Features:

    * coloring of diagnostic messages (with customizable colors),
    * simplification of templated programs output: removal of "with"
      clauses, template arguments,
    * inline replacement of template arguments by their values,
    * removal of namespaces,
    * removal of instantiation chains.

More info and script at http://www.mixtion.org/gccfilter/

cheers,