Quantcast

Adding statistical capabilities to uBLAS

Adding statistical capabilities to uBLAS

meghana madhyastha
Hi all ,

In my opinion, adding statistical measures such as mean, variance and standard deviation would be very useful for this library. Is anyone currently working on it ? If that's not the case, I would like to submit a patch for this. Patches must be submitted as pull requests right ? Or do I have to send the patch on this mailing group ?

Regards,
Meghana

Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: Adding statistical capabilities to uBLAS

David Bellot
Hi,

as far as I know, nobody is really working on this kind of problem. As for contributing, you are most welcome and I think these kind of functions are desirable.
You can fork ublas on git and submit your patch whenever you want. It would be great to see such capabilities in ublas.

Best,
David

Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: Adding statistical capabilities to uBLAS

meghana madhyastha
Hi David,
Thank you for the information and sorry for the late reply. I have submitted a pull request to the development fork of ublas. I have added functions to compute the mean and variance of elements in a vector. It would be good if someone can review this. The next step might be to add functions to compute covariance (for matrix inputs as well as vector inputs).

Thanks,
Meghana

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 5:13 PM, David Bellot <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Sent to: [hidden email]

Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: Adding statistical capabilities to uBLAS

Nasos Iliopoulos
Meghana,
can you please  perform the pull request on the develop branch instead of the master?

Thank you!
Nasos

Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: Adding statistical capabilities to uBLAS

meghana madhyastha
Hi,
I've performed the pull request on the develop branch. Sorry about that.
-Meghana

Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: Adding statistical capabilities to uBLAS

meghana madhyastha
Hi all,
Apologies for nagging, but can someone look into the pull request I had performed https://github.com/uBLAS/ublas/pull/52 when you get the time ?

Thanks,