2D multiindex container or simply vector<vector<T> > ?

2D multiindex container or simply vector<vector<T> > ?

Sliwa, Przemyslaw (London)
Message
What is better?
What is the added value by using 2D multi index container vs. vector<vector<T> >? Can anyone explain me the difference quickly?

Thanks for help

Pshemek

Kind regards

Pshemek

Przemyslaw Sliwa
Global Foreign Exchange

FX Risk Engine Development
Merrill Lynch
(   +44 (0)20 7995 4182
)         +44  (0)79 6325 2319
*   Email: [hidden email]

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/

Re: 2D multiindex container or simply vector<vector<T> > ?

Joaquin M LópezMuñoz

"Sliwa, Przemyslaw (London)" ha escrito:

 What is better?What is the added value by using 2D multi index container vs. vector<vector<T> >? Can anyone explain me the difference quickly?Thanks for helpPshemek

Hello Pshemek, I don't really know what a 2D multi-index container is
supposed to be or how can one devise a multi-index structure comparable with
a vector<vector<T> >.
Aren't you by chance referring to Boost.MultiArray?

http://boost.org/libs/multi_array/doc/index.html

This lib does indeed provide data structures resembling vector of vectors
in a number of ways, while being more efficient and providing nicer syntax
and extended functionality.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo