1.67 libraries missing autolink/dependency information

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

1.67 libraries missing autolink/dependency information

Boost - Dev mailing list
When updating the CMake FindBoost dependencies for 1.67, it was noted
that the stacktrace library wasn't being included.  Closer examination
showed that it doesn't have any autolink information in the headers:

   grep -R BOOST_LIB_NAME . | grep stacktrace
   grep -R BOOST_LIB_NAME . | grep contract


(for example).  Does this library work on Windows?  Is it expected that
the autolink information is missing, or is this something which needs
adding?

The same applies to the "contract" library.

Do either of these libraries have any other dependencies on other Boost
libraries?


Thanks,
Roger

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 1.67 libraries missing autolink/dependency information

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Tue, Mar 20, 2018, 11:15 Roger Leigh via Boost <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> When updating the CMake FindBoost dependencies for 1.67, it was noted
> that the stacktrace library wasn't being included.  Closer examination
> showed that it doesn't have any autolink information in the headers:
>
>    grep -R BOOST_LIB_NAME . | grep stacktrace
>    grep -R BOOST_LIB_NAME . | grep contract
>
>
> (for example).  Does this library work on Windows?  Is it expected that
> the autolink information is missing, or is this something which needs
> adding?
>

It is expected.

The Stacktrace library has an ability to change stacktracing without
recompiling the project. For that user should manually change the link
library, without defining any macro.

If that ability is not used, then the library is header only. No linking
required.

>
> The same applies to the "contract" library.
>
> Do either of these libraries have any other dependencies on other Boost
> libraries?
>

All the dependencies of Stacktrace could be discovered from headers that it
includes.


> Thanks,
> Roger
>

P.S.: Thanks for "cmakeing" the Boost!

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 1.67 libraries missing autolink/dependency information

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Boost - Dev mailing list
Hello all,

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 1:15 AM, Roger Leigh via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> When updating the CMake FindBoost dependencies for 1.67, it was noted that
> the stacktrace library wasn't being included.  Closer examination showed
> that it doesn't have any autolink information in the headers:
>
>   grep -R BOOST_LIB_NAME . | grep stacktrace
>   grep -R BOOST_LIB_NAME . | grep contract
>
>
> (for example).  Does this library work on Windows?  Is it expected that the
> autolink information is missing, or is this something which needs adding?
>
> The same applies to the "contract" library.
>
> Do either of these libraries have any other dependencies on other Boost
> libraries?

I am not sure I understand this request... I followed all documented
Boost guidelines and checks when adding Boost.Contract, but it is
possible I missed something.

Can someone add a link to the Boost docs to do what's being requested
here for new libs?

Thanks.
--Lorenzo

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 1.67 libraries missing autolink/dependency information

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 21 March 2018 at 17:44, Lorenzo Caminiti via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am not sure I understand this request... I followed all documented
> Boost guidelines and checks when adding Boost.Contract, but it is
> possible I missed something.
>
> Can someone add a link to the Boost docs to do what's being requested
> here for new libs?

It's documented here:

http://www.boost.org/development/separate_compilation.html#auto-link

Hope that helps.

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 1.67 libraries missing autolink/dependency information

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hello Daniel and all,

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 11:30 AM, Daniel James <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 21 March 2018 at 17:44, Lorenzo Caminiti via Boost
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I am not sure I understand this request... I followed all documented
>> Boost guidelines and checks when adding Boost.Contract, but it is
>> possible I missed something.
>>
>> Can someone add a link to the Boost docs to do what's being requested
>> here for new libs?
>
> It's documented here:
>
> http://www.boost.org/development/separate_compilation.html#auto-link
>
> Hope that helps.

I have added auto link support for Boost.Contract. It is in both
boost/contract develop and master. I have ran all Boost.Contract tests
and examples locally on MSVC, GCC, and CLang before committing.

Daniel, will you pull these changes into the next 1.37.0 release candidate?

Thank also to Roger for catching this was missing.

Regards,
--Lorenzo

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 1.67 libraries missing autolink/dependency information

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 26 March 2018 at 05:19, Lorenzo Caminiti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have added auto link support for Boost.Contract. It is in both
> boost/contract develop and master. I have ran all Boost.Contract tests
> and examples locally on MSVC, GCC, and CLang before committing.

Thanks, if someone can confirm that auto linking works for them that
would be helpful.

> Daniel, will you pull these changes into the next 1.37.0 release candidate?

The next release candidate will be based on the master branch of the
submodules so it should be, unless there's a problem.

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost