[1.34] Branch for release

Thomas Witt-2

Hi,

unless there are major issues I'd like to branch for release by the end
of this week. Please let me know of any outstanding issues that should
be resolved prior to branching.

Thomas

--
Thomas Witt

Re: [1.34] Branch for release

Martin Wille
Thomas Witt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> unless there are major issues I'd like to branch for release by the end
> of this week. Please let me know of any outstanding issues that should
> be resolved prior to branching.

Will we run the tests for 1.34 using BBv1 or using BBv2?

Re: [1.34] Branch for release

Thomas Witt-2
Martin Wille wrote:
> Thomas Witt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> unless there are major issues I'd like to branch for release by the end
>> of this week. Please let me know of any outstanding issues that should
>> be resolved prior to branching.
>
> Will we run the tests for 1.34 using BBv1 or using BBv2?

Well that's what I am trying to find out. See my post on the build list.

Thomas

--
Thomas Witt

Re: [1.34] Branch for release

David Abrahams
Thomas Witt <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> unless there are major issues I'd like to branch for release by the end
> of this week. Please let me know of any outstanding issues that should
> be resolved prior to branching.

There's a lot of documentation work to be done for the parameter
library, and it's likely I won't have enough time to do it in the next
couple of weeks.  That doesn't have to impact the branch schedule, but
I thought you should know.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting

Re: [1.34] Branch for release

Sylvester-Bradley, Gareth
> unless there are major issues

I'm not sure what counts as major, but I guess most of the issues I raised
for Boost.Iostreams probably aren't (given the lack of replies to my
previous mail: http://tinyurl.com/mah8f)?

IMHO the significant performance problem I reported then for streams on
Seekable Indirect Devices *is* a big issue.

Is anyone else interested in this issue (or any of the others) and/or
reviewing my patch (it maybe too simplistic to cover all use-cases)?

FWIW, in a real world test case, using

* stream<file_descriptor> (from 1.33.1) resulted in total read bytes of ~250
MB
* std::fstream resulted in total read bytes of ~8 MB
* patched indirect_streambuf resulted in total read byte of ~8 MB

Thanks,
Gareth

The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s).  Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the sender.  The views expressed in this email are those of the individual and not necessarily those of Sony or Sony affiliated companies.  Sony email is for business use only.

This email and any response may be monitored by Sony to be in compliance with Sony’s global policies and standards

Re: [1.34] Branch for release

Bugzilla from markus.schoepflin@comsoft.de
Sylvester-Bradley, Gareth wrote:

>> unless there are major issues
>
> I'm not sure what counts as major, but I guess most of the issues I raised
> for Boost.Iostreams probably aren't (given the lack of replies to my
> previous mail: http://tinyurl.com/mah8f)?

The problem seems to be that the author of iostreams has vanished and the
library is orphaned. (Apologies to Jonathan if this is not the case but I
haven't read anything from him recently.) So nobody probably cares about
iostreams anymore.

IIRC, there are a number of bug fixes on 1.33.1 which are still not merged
to HEAD. I merged some of them on my own to get it compile on Tru64/CXX
again but left it at that.

So we need to decide what to do with the remaining merges, and what will
happen to iostreams in the future, if Jonathan doesn't show up again.

Markus

Re: [1.34] Branch for release

Joe Gottman-2

"Thomas Witt" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:duhsjm$sl2$[hidden email]...

> Hi,
>
> unless there are major issues I'd like to branch for release by the end
> of this week. Please let me know of any outstanding issues that should
> be resolved prior to branching.

   This is a minor issue, but the front page has not yet been updated to
include boost::statechart.

Joe Gottman

Re: [1.34] Branch for release

David Benbennick
On 3/6/06, Thomas Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Please let me know of any outstanding issues that should
> be resolved prior to branching.

I would appreciate it if any of the three patches I've submitted for
rational.hpp could get applied.  See
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=7586&atid=307586.

Re: [1.34] Branch for release

Doug Gregor-2

On Mar 7, 2006, at 7:33 PM, David Benbennick wrote:

> On 3/6/06, Thomas Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Please let me know of any outstanding issues that should
>> be resolved prior to branching.
>
> I would appreciate it if any of the three patches I've submitted for
> rational.hpp could get applied.  See
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=7586&atid=307586.

Did these ever get applied?

        Doug